Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Associate Editor - HBP Beta|
|About Harvard Business Publishing:
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education.
With approximately 450 employees, primarily based in Boston, with offices in New York City, India, and the United Kingdom, Harvard Business Publishing serves as a bridge between academia and enterprises around the globe through its publications and multiple platforms for content delivery, and its reach into three markets: academic, corporate, and individual managers
Associate Editor - HBP Beta Job Description:
The Product Incubator at Harvard Business Publishing is launching an HBP Beta Content Lab,
and is looking for a creative, ambitious, and energetic editor to join the pioneer team. The goal
of the Content Lab is to research, experiment, and develop new digital content formats and
grow new audiences for the Harvard Business Review, Corporate Learning, and Higher
Education business units of Harvard Business Publishing.
The HBP Beta Associate Editor will report to the Innovation Editor and work within the Incubator
(with regular collaboration with teams across the enterprise) to research, write, and manage a
selection of editorial publishing channels to test hypotheses on engaging content, interactive
formats, and audience growth.
Think channels like: Reddit. TikTok. Twitch. YouTube. Slack. WhatsApp. WeChat. Pinterest.
Plus whatever else might be invented between now and tomorrow. You are on an intrepid team
to research and understand new platforms and content formats, and to see where (and how)
HBP can contribute constructively and creatively.
The Content Lab will be highly collaborative, and the Associate Editor will work closely with
other editors, video producers, and content creators.
● Research potential approaches, produce content, and experiment with emerging
platforms and content formats
● Day-to-day management of editorial programming on various publishing platforms
● Day-to-day management of social media and community-building strategies
● Measure/monitor content performance on key metrics
● Be involved in consumer media design sprints hosted by Incubator
● Manage and line-edit freelancer submissions (when applicable)
● Research or write other content as needed, including video scripts, author guidelines,
documented learnings, etc.
Required skills and experience:
● Excellent and efficient writing and editing skills (please send clips / representative
● 5+ yrs experience production and management of editorial or social media content
● Deep knowledge and passion for community-driven platforms (e.g. Reddit, Medium,
● Curiosity about and passion for interactive digital formats (e.g. social video, augmented
● A proven sense of editorial judgement and experience making decisions independently
● Fluency with content management systems
● Aptitude for keeping on top of tech and pop cultural trends
● Someone who enjoys collaborating with other teams and enjoys being flexible and
creative when experimenting with brand-new projects and new formats
● A good colleague who appreciates and supports a healthy work culture
● Bachelor's degree
Would you like to apply to this job?