Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Multimedia Producer - HBP Beta|
|About Harvard Business Publishing:
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education.
With approximately 450 employees, primarily based in Boston, with offices in New York City, India, and the United Kingdom, Harvard Business Publishing serves as a bridge between academia and enterprises around the globe through its publications and multiple platforms for content delivery, and its reach into three markets: academic, corporate, and individual managers.
Multimedia Producer - HBP Beta Job Description:
The Product Incubator at Harvard Business Publishing is launching an HBP Beta Content Lab,
and is looking for a creative, ambitious, and energetic multimedia producer to join the pioneer
team. The goal of the Content Lab is to research, experiment, and develop new digital content
formats and grow new audiences for the Harvard Business Review, Corporate Learning, and
Higher Education business units of Harvard Business Publishing.
Do you have an exceedingly good sense of what kind of video connects with a digital-savvy
audience, what it takes to be engaging, and fresh ideas on how to market that content? Keep
The right person will not only be technically proficient, but also have a strong artistic vision and
is willing to take creative risks. You should have strong collaboration skills and can own a
project from start to finish.
The HBP Beta Multimedia Producer will work within the Incubator (with regular collaboration
with teams across the enterprise) to pitch, script, direct, shoot, edit, and produce video and rich
media to test hypotheses on engaging content, interactive formats, and audience growth.
Think formats like: short-form, vertical, interactive, serial, or GIFs. Think channels like: Reddit.
TikTok. Twitch. YouTube. Slack. WhatsApp. WeChat. Pinterest. Plus whatever else might be
invented between now and tomorrow. You are on an intrepid team to research and understand
new platforms and content formats, and to see where (and how) HBP can contribute
constructively and creatively.
The Content Lab will be highly collaborative, and the Multimedia Editor will work closely with
other editors, video producers, and content creators.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio.
- Research potential approaches, produce multimedia content, and experiment with
emerging platforms and content formats
- Develop and implement creative, innovative, visual storytelling techniques
- Thoughtfully evolve HBR brand look/feel when serving new audiences
- Manage and oversee pre-production, shoots, editing, and final deliverables
- Be involved in consumer media design sprints hosted by Incubator
- Coordinate/schedule talent and freelancers (if necessary)
- Research or write other content as needed, including style guides, documented
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent video or multimedia storytelling (please send representative portfolio)
- 5+ yrs of hands-on digital video production, including shooting, editing, and digital
- Fluency in Premiere or other editing software
- Familiarity with After Effects (and eagerness to learn more)
- Proven track record of creating video for emerging platforms
- Deep knowledge and passion for community-driven platforms (e.g. Reddit, Medium,
- Curiosity about and passion for interactive digital formats (e.g. social video, augmented
- Aptitude for keeping on top of tech and pop cultural trends
- Efficient and technically proficient editing skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Bachelor's degree
Would you like to apply to this job?