Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Strategic Relationship Manager|
|About Harvard Business Publishing Higher Education:
Harvard Business Publishing’s Higher Education division serves students and educators by adding dynamic, real-life perspectives on management to undergraduate, masters and executive education programs. Through training seminars, course planning tools and direct delivery of digital materials, we offer educators resources to support participant-centered learning. The Higher Education division continues to actively evolve its portfolio of learning materials, offering over 55,000 cases, articles, online courses, simulations and other learning materials developed at Harvard Business School and other world class institutions.
Working with the Regional Director, this role focuses on executing plans to increase revenue and look for new growth opportunities in the Higher Education market. Represent HBP’s digital content lines to key stakeholders using consultative/solution sales approach; understand changing market needs and identify opportunities for HBP content and customized solutions to meet customer needs. Develop strong relationships with deans, directors, program managers, faculty, administrators, and librarians at key target institutions.
• Implement go to market strategy across Latin America and manage sales and business development activities in the region
• Become a trusted advisor to stakeholders, faculty and administrators at key strategic accounts and represent the voice of the customer internally
• Negotiate annual contracts with institutions to strengthen partnerships and improve distribution processes
• Visit accounts regularly to build multi-level relationships, identify new opportunities, close existing opportunities, understand customers changing needs, and understand developing market trends
• Partner with Marketing to propose/support HBP marketing global and regional campaigns and events
• Utilize and leverage internal resources (customer service, operations, product specialists, finance) to maximize sales and better serve customers in the region
• Craft solutions that meet needs of key customers while playing within a proposed solution framework
• Collaborate with Inside Sales to identify and transition accounts with growth potential
• Deliver frequent interactive presentations to engage existing and new customers – the ability to inspire, influence and clearly articulate HBP’s ideas, resources and products is essential for the role
• Use data analytics to interpret account behavior, uncover new opportunities, and achieve deeper market penetration
• Develop and maintain superior knowledge of HBP content
• Represent the brand with standards consistent with Harvard Business School and Harvard Business Publishing
• 5-7 years of documented success in a regional business management role with strong track record of growth and focus on sales/ account management / business dev serving the academic or comparable industry
• Solution based selling experience highly desired
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to influence at all levels of an organization; highly collaborative, diplomatic, resilient and open-minded with colleagues, customers and partners
• Experience working with a CRM (preferably Salesforce and Adobe Analytics)
• Must be able to work independently and willing to travel extensively
• Strong negotiation skills and growth mindset
• Fluency in English and Spanish required. Portuguese a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational skills
• Location: Mexico City
Undergraduate degree required. A master’s degree in business, marketing, education, or related field or 5 years of comparable business experience is preferred.
Would you like to apply to this job?