Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Social Media Designer|
|About Harvard Business Review:
Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
This position supports two editorial products within Harvard Business Review Group; the flagship HBR brand and the HBR Ascend brand, which is a new content brand focused on early career advice and strategy for young professionals.
The Social Media, Digital Designer is responsible for bringing each brand and content to life through storytelling & brand design on social media, information design, and through visual presentations both on and off our platforms. This role will need to adhere to and convey the distinct visual style for each brand.
This person will assume full ownership and responsibility for their work, including concept and ideation, stakeholder communication, visual research, creative assignments, defining and attending meetings, file management, meeting deadlines, purchasing, billing and invoicing.
• Digital content design for HBR Ascend articles on hbr.org, including; charts, graphics, photos, etc.
• Photo research, photo editing, and/or commissioning illustrations for daily articles published on our website
• Design and story-telling for social media channels, including Instagram stories and carousel swipe-throughs
• Support various brands within HBR with icon, logo, or banner design when necessary
• Motion graphics and desktop animation would be a plus*
• They should have a high level of competency working in the Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on Illustrator and Photoshop
• They should have a minimum 5+ years of design experience, ideally at an editorially driven media company.
• Working knowledge of web and native platform technical requirements.
• After Effects, Premiere would be a plus*
We work in a collaborative community that, at its core, is defined by a friendly, collegial and respectful approach to what we do. The right candidate will be able to work directly with editors, authors, marketing, ad sales, senior management, and all other partners within the organization in a way that is constructive and fosters an environment of good will.
They should be able to work independently and with autonomy, while also intuitively incorporating feedback into their work. They should be able to identify priorities, manage their time wisely and make effective and relevant decisions based on an understanding of the overall business and the goals of the editorial and creative teams.
They should care deeply about quality and execution, have the ability to make compelling arguments in support of a vision, and have the maturity to see the value in multiple solutions and multiple points of view.
Would you like to apply to this job?