Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Senior Digital Analyst, Business Intelligence|
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, reporting into Harvard Business School.
HBP Education partners with educators & learners worldwide by being the richest source of ideas for improving management
The Senior Digital Analyst, Business Intelligence will be a core member of HE’s Business Intelligence team, bringing a data-driven mindset to framing and solving business problems for the unit. The Senior Digital Analyst will be the lead web analyst for the Higher Ed business, partnering with HE Digital Strategy and HE Marketing to provide analytics expertise while building reports, monitoring performance, providing actionable insights and recommendations, and leading experimentation efforts for the Higher Ed website. Additionally, they will contribute to and lead various cross-functional initiatives important to the business's long-term strategy.
What You’ll Do
Web Reporting, Analytics, & Testing
• Develop reports, tools and metrics to track baseline site analytics, marketing channel performance, and other key success indicators using Adobe Analytics and other systems
• Support efforts to understand customer acquisition, engagement, and behavior through all stages of the customer lifecycle, from prospecting to purchasing to retention
• Serve efforts to define user segmentation and derive behavioral insights across web, marketing, and purchasing channels
• Partner with Marketing and Product on web improvement and ideation projects to test solutions for user and business problems, utilizing A/B testing and phased rollouts to measure and understand value to customers and the business
• Actively engage with Product Management, UX and Marketing to assess analytical needs and decision insights
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence team members to effectively deliver on both on-going business initiatives and ad-hoc analysis requests from the Leadership Team, Product Management, and Marketing leads
• Translate results into clear actions and insights for decision-makers, utilizing compelling and intuitive visuals, dashboards, and narratives
• Support market and customer segmentation efforts by employing our full ecosystem of data sources, including web analytics, transactional data, offline data, customer records, industry research, and competitive intelligence.
• Partnering with and managing projects with specialized outside consultants or freelancers, utilizing project-based resources for high-visibility strategic projects
We’ll Be Interested In You If You Have
• 5+ years in a business intelligence, web analytics, or marketing analytics role
• MBA or relevant masters degree preferred
• Expertise with web-based analytical tools (Adobe Analytics a bonus)
• Strong quantitative and analytical competency, including tools and data capture methodologies
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization. Experience with Alteryx and/or Tableau a plus
• Comfort and proficiency with financial modeling techniques preferred
• Proven ability to work with a wide range of cross-functional teams, such as marketing, product management, IT, and finance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively synthesize and deliver insights and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership
• Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to work well autonomously, within deadlines, and manage several concurrent projects
• Experience with coding languages and/or SQL in a data management capacity is a bonus
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes a broad range of medical and dental coverage options; short and long-term disability benefits; medical/dental and dependent care flexible spending accounts; basic and contributory life insurance; retirement and savings benefits; a competitive paid time-off program, and Harvard (HBP/HU) perks. Located in Brighton Landing compound next to the new practice arena for Bruins and Celtics, NB Fitness Club Facility, and Boston Landing commuter rail stop. We offer free parking and shuttle services, discounted T Passes. Plus, early release, summer Fridays. And we’ll equip you with the best tools money can buy.
Would you like to apply to this job?