Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Senior Strategic Relationship Manager-West|
|About Harvard Business Publishing:
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education.
With approximately 450 employees, primarily based in Boston, with offices in New York City, India, and the United Kingdom, Harvard Business Publishing serves as a bridge between academia and enterprises around the globe through its publications and multiple platforms for content delivery, and its reach into three markets: academic, corporate, and individual managers.
About HBP Corporate Learning:
Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning partners with clients to create world-class leadership development solutions for managers at all levels in global organizations and governments. We leverage the management insight, thought leadership, and expertise of Harvard Business School faculty and Harvard Business Review authors to provide solutions that are relevant to today’s most pressing business challenges. For more than 20 years, we have developed and delivered innovative, technology-enabled solutions that drive meaningful business results.
The Senior Strategic Relationship Manager (SSRM) will develop and enhance corporate sales of HBP products and solutions. Through relationship building the SSRM will partner with senior and executive level decision makers at companies and organizations across a specific territory to assist with their corporate education development and business needs. The SSRM will actively listen to the needs of the corporations and with a consultative approach present HBP products and solutions to key decision-makers in a defined set of key strategic accounts in the corporate market. Additionally, the SSRM will continue to build a network of potential clients and begin to establish new long-term business relationships with these corporations and organizations to determine how HBP products and solutions can help enhance and lift their business.
• Bachelor degree. MBA preferred. At least 7-10 years of sales/account management experience in a learning/training/development environment, specifically in online and blended learning solutions
• Must be located on the West Coast (Northern or Southern California)
• Proven track record of selling to Corporations on the West Coast ideally in the Technology Sector
• An appreciation/understanding of how the business issues that impact faster growing visionary companies in the Technology Sector (Tech/Bio Tech) are different to the challenges facing more established corporations in more traditional industries (Banking/Manufacturing).
• Must have exceptional consultative selling skills, as demonstrated by past success in selling to the executive level within large corporations
• Broad conceptual understanding of the corporate and business environment and demonstrated interest in management and business education
• Ability to effectively influence executives; strong negotiation and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be an active listener and solution oriented
• Must be a self-starter. Strong knowledge of, and comfort with personal computers, inter/intranet technologies, and PC applications
• Must be willing to travel
Would you like to apply to this job?