Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Customer Service Specialist|
|As a Technical Customer Service Specialist, you will become a front-line member of Harvard Business Publishing's Customer Service team. You will provide a blend of customer service as well as technical and product support for a range of exclusive content and product offerings via our Higher Education, Corporate Learning and HBR.org website experiences.
Our customer base is global, and spans all levels of technical aptitude. Our goal is to continually improve the customer experience. Harvard Business Publishing's Customer Service Contact Center utilizes state of the art systems to conduct customer interactions via phone, email, chat and text messaging. The Technical Customer Service Specialist role is critical in capturing the voice of the customer and strives to provide the best possible customer experience, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
Product offerings include web- based simulations, online learning tools and tutorials, ebooks, digital case studies and articles as well as digital and print subscriptions for the Harvard Business Review
Website support includes helping Professors navigate the Higher Education website to search for products, build course packs, set up and run online learning tools, and help students access their assigned course packs. It also includes helping registered users of the HBR.org site as well as well as digital and print subscribers of the Harvard Business Review magazine.
The hours for this position are Saturday and Sunday, 9am-5pm remotely in your home and Monday through Wednesday, 9:00AM to 6:00PM in our in Brighton, MA office This position sometimes requires a flexible schedule; you will be asked to work a U.S. holiday.
• Minimum of one-year prior client service experience in a technical customer service role utilizing strong troubleshooting techniques, ideally in a Contact Center or customer facing environment
• Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Other languages a plus
• Detail oriented, decisive and highly motivated with excellent follow-through ability
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal skills, proven listening skills with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical people in a clear, empathetic, well organized manner via telephone, email, chat and test messaging
• Quickly assimilate technical concepts and new technology using available tools and resources to efficiently troubleshoot and interpret data to solve client needs
• Proficiency with web collaboration tools, ticketing systems and/or learning management platforms
• Strong troubleshooting skills with common browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox and a high-level understanding of Apple and Android based mobile devices.
• Actively listen and assess client needs, autonomously utilize tools and training to find solutions to those needs, and take ownership of the interaction until final resolution
• A minimum of a four- year degree from an accredited college
Would you like to apply to this job?