Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Senior Product Manager - Blended Solutions|
|Harvard Business Publishing (HBP), is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers. Harvard Business Publishing’s Corporate Learning division targets enterprises that recognize leadership development as a source of competitive advantage. The Corporate Learning team’s expertise is in creating rich, interactive learning experiences that develop leaders who shape their organizations’ futures by making smart decisions at critical moments.
Reporting to the Director of Leadership Programs, the Senior Product Manager is a senior member of a high-performing team accountable for the definition and commercial success of a portfolio of leadership development solutions across our Blended Solutions portfolio, which offers tailored, cohort-based programs for leaders at all levels in the world’s top companies. Responsible for managing product lifecycles from idea generation through launch, maintenance, and ongoing innovation, the Senior Product Manager is a seasoned leader who works collaboratively across our business and is a substantial contributor.
This role requires the incumbent to work effectively across the organization, including collaboration with Sales, Global Learning Solutions, Marketing, Global Delivery, Product Management, and Product Development, as well as across the Harvard community, our global partners, and our clients. The Senior Product Manager contributes to strategy development and prioritization; collaborates and provides direction across functional units; and supports Sales and Delivery teams in maintaining operational excellence and high client satisfaction.
• Partner with the Director, Leadership Programs and team members to develop the overall vision and strategy for our Blended Solutions offerings. Own components of the strategy for idea generation through execution and measurement.
• Work with Marketing and Product Development to track emerging trends and competitive landscape in the leadership development market
• Ensure the “voice of the market” is embedded in the ongoing strategy; develop and own the comprehensive approach to customer feedback.
• Work with Marketing to articulate and refine messaging, differentiation, pricing, and competitive positioning for the offerings.
• Work with Global Delivery to identify opportunities to measure and improve service quality, efficiency, learner engagement and effectiveness.
• Articulate product strategy and roadmap to internal and external audiences.
• Lead and participate in strategic initiatives as needed.
• Provide direction and prioritization input for experiments, enhancements, and investments across our Blended Solutions portfolio.
• Lead cross-functional project teams and stakeholder updates for some of the company’s highest-profile work.
• Serve as Product Owner for one or more agile teams, assisting teams with story development, backlog grooming, and prioritization.
• Serve as subject matter expert on our offerings for Global Sales and Delivery, supporting their needs for product information and point of view as they interact with clients and prospects.
• Engage directly with clients and prospects, in support of business development opportunities and to refine understanding of customer needs, including responding to and presenting to clients with CL Sales on RFPs.
• Ensure plans are developed and executed to train core functions within the Corporate Learning business unit to sell and support offerings in accordance with their roles. Oversee/develop:
o Sales tools such as presentations, demos, proposal templates
o Best practice materials, such as implementation guides, and deployment tools.
• Partner with Global Delivery to ensure successful implementations and high client satisfaction.
• Support market development activities by representing HBP at conferences, client meetings, and in the press.
• Serve as a high-performing role model to less experienced members of the product management team; assist with development and mentoring of team members.
METRICS AND BUSINESS PERFORMANCE
• Identify and track key metrics to serve internal audiences and support strategic business decisions. Metrics include:
o Win-loss analysis
o Customer satisfaction
o Feature utilization
o Market demand
• In collaboration with Marketing, evaluate market and business analytics to define new market opportunities for exploration, including creating, updating, and managing business cases for future development.
• Regularly contribute to reporting and discussion of business and product line performance.
• A strategic thinker with strong business acumen, relationship-orientation, and customer-focus
• Develops trusted relationships across functional units and different levels in support of the offerings portfolio
• Enjoys engaging with clients in face-to-face and virtual settings
• Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and writing skills
• Passionate about innovation and designing amazing client and learner experiences
• Leadership skills: rallies a team around a compelling vision and influences others to get work done within desired timelines, scope, and quality
• Data and results orientation: uses facts to drive decisions and deliver results in a highly matrixed environment
• Acts with enthusiasm, resilience, and possesses a “can do” attitude
• 8+ years of product management experience, and/or professional services, consulting, or leadership development experience
• Solid grasp of product life cycle, from concept to design, development, launch, operations, and maintenance
• Experience working with agile teams (scrum and/or Kanban)
• Experience building business cases, managing product lines and budgets
• Experience and motivation working in a high growth environment
• Fundamental project management skills and competency
• Market experience in virtual learning and/or leadership development a plus
• MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes a broad range of medical and dental coverage options; short and long-term disability benefits; medical/dental and dependent care flexible spending accounts; basic and contributory life insurance; retirement and savings benefits; a competitive paid time-off program, and Harvard (HBP/HU) perks. Located in Brighton Landing compound next to the new practice arena for Bruins and Celtics, NB Fitness Club Facility, and Boston Landing commuter rail stop. We offer free parking and shuttle services, discounted T Passes. Plus, early release, summer Fridays. And we’ll equip you with the best tools money can buy.
Would you like to apply to this job?