Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education. Learn more about Harvard Business Publishing, our mission, the ideas we publish, and the markets we serve.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Harvard Business Review (HBR) is the world’s most influential source of management ideas and an innovative multiplatform media brand. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, HBR aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
The Photo Editor sits at the intersection of a wide range of products, content and internal teams, and is responsible for maintaining the HBR voice and brand in print and all digital platforms.
The right candidate will be resourceful, have a passion for all forms of photography, and have the ability to use found and assigned photography in creative and original ways to illustrate complex and often non-visual ideas. They will also have experience assigning and producing photo shoots for a variety of subject types, including studio and location portraits, reportage, conceptual still life and photo illustration.
• Assign and Produce original photography for HBR print and digital platforms.
• Research photography from both traditional and non-traditional photo sources.
• Image support for daily digital content and social media in required file types, aspect ratios and file sizes
• Image support for video, motion graphics and animation
• Photo retouching, manipulation and enhancement.
• Manage freelancers, photo budget and invoicing. Negotiate fees, secure photo rights and contracts
• Organize and maintain databases of digital image files
• BA in the visual arts or relevant work experience
• Minimum of 5-years photo editing experience in a digital and print editorial environment.
• Skilled in Photoshop and WordPress
• Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
This person will assume full ownership and responsibility for their work, including concept and ideation, stakeholder communication, research, assignments, defining and attending meetings, file management, meeting deadlines, purchasing, billing and invoicing. They should have a high level of competency working in Adobe Photoshop. Experience creating native social media content and video editing is a plus.
We work in a collaborative community that, at its core, is defined by a friendly, collegial and respectful approach to what we do. The right candidate will be able to work directly with editors, designers, marketing, ad sales, senior management, and all other partners within the organization in a way that is constructive and fosters an environment of good will.
Would you like to apply to this job?