Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education. Learn more about Harvard Business Publishing, our mission, the ideas we publish, and the markets we serve.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Senior Engagement Manager|
|Harvard Business Publishing’s Corporate Learning business is a fast growing business that provides scalable, technology-enabled leadership development solutions to many of the world’s leading companies. We leverage our world-class offerings and content and our relationships with authors and Harvard Business School faculty to drive impact. The Senior Engagement Manager is a key, senior member of the Corporate Learning team who manages a portfolio of clients and oversees project staff, moderators and other resources. The ideal candidate is currently leading client engagements in an executive education or training organization or at a senior manager level or above at a top tier consulting firm. Key attributes include an entrepreneurial spirit, a team player, a highly consultative approach to client engagement, flexibility, and a passion for leadership development and the practice of management.
• Program Management
o Manage high quality needs assessment, program design, curriculum development and delivery of each client program
o Manage each program on budget and to the timeline
o Manage internal business operations
o Balance own time and time of staff to meet competing client demands
• Client Relationship Management
o Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the client’s day-to-day project manager and senior sponsors
o Develop and implement a program metrics and evaluation plan
o Manage scope creep and other program risks
o Identify additional business development opportunities
• Curriculum Design and Development
o Create high impact, client-focused program design and curriculum
o On board educators and moderators to deliver on design
o Keep program design and curriculum fresh and relevant
• Functional Responsibilities
o Manage at least one strategic function within the Global Delivery business
7+ years of experience in client project management in a management consulting, education or professional services firm. Bachelor required. M.B.A. preferred
• Proven success managing complex projects with demanding clients on-time and on-budget
• Proficiency required with MS office products such as MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project
• Experience with collaborative technologies such as WebEx and videoconferencing
• Effective communicator: strong facilitator, presenter, collaborator
• Strong business acumen skills. Relationship-oriented. Customer-focused. Willing to go the extra mile to delight clients
• Highly motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
• A team player. Able to work across cultures with clients around the globe
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial setting – this is a high growth part of the business
• A genuine interest in adult education and management development fields
This is a remote position, and can be based anywhere in the US
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers.
Would you like to apply to this job?