Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education. Learn more about Harvard Business Publishing, our mission, the ideas we publish, and the markets we serve.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
The Editorial Developer is central to HBR's efforts to tell stories, experiment, and create interactive experiences. We are looking for a well-rounded editor/journalist/developer who is as comfortable writing and editing in front-end code as in text. The editorial developer will create high quality interactive content for consumption across devices and platforms and find new ways to visualize, remix, and add utility to the ideas HBR publishes.
· Create content and interactive editorial applications for HBR digital properties. These may require scouting for new academic research, handling data sets, helping expert authors interpret their ideas, and adapting existing content.
· Collaborate with editors, designers, and developers to conceive and develop interactive pieces including data visualizations and assessments.
· Brainstorm and build experimental content formats for multi-platform and device-specific projects, including around chatbots.
· Evaluate and work with vendors and external partners.
· Analyze audience behavior and use insights to refine HBR's approach to interactive content. Be a critical voice in internal conversations about HBR's audience engagement metrics.
· Contribute to larger projects that improve the user experience of HBR's digital platforms.
· At least 2 years editorial/journalism experience, and familiarity with topics related to business and management.
· Familiarity with web APIs and ability to integrate data, audio, and video into interactive experiences. Up-to-date knowledge of trends in digital content and user experience.
· Good visual thinking and an understanding of how to create intuitive user experiences.
· Familiarity with analytics platforms and creating analytics reports.
· Proven skills in facilitating complex multidisciplinary collaborations.
Harvard Business Publishing, the parent company of HBR, was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, reporting into Harvard Business School. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. This mission influences how we approach what we do here and what we believe is important.
Would you like to apply to this job?