Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education. Learn more about Harvard Business Publishing, our mission, the ideas we publish, and the markets we serve.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Engagement Manager- Project Based in Dubai|
|The Engagement Manager is a key member of the Harvard Business Publishing team, leading the delivery of blended leadership development programs for some of the world’s leading companies. The Engagement Manager works closely with our clients, educators, moderators, and colleagues, and is responsible for all aspects of program management, client relationship management, and client satisfaction. Our leadership development programs are best-in-class, and we expect our Engagement Managers to be, too.
The Engagement Manager owns the entire delivery process for one or more clients, with engagements typically lasting 4-7 months. This position is ideal for an experienced project or program manager, someone with a background in management and leadership development, who has led client engagements in an executive education department or professional services firm.
Successful Engagement Managers are team players, have a highly consultative approach to client engagement, flexibility, proven project management ability, and an interest in adult learning and the practice of management. Due to the global nature of our client base, this role is best suited to someone who has availability both during and outside normal working hours.
Program and Event Management
• Manage high quality delivery of programs and services for assigned clients
• Manage each program on budget and to the timeline
• Successfully on-board each new cohort and partner with HBP moderator to successfully implement an effective communications plan with each cohort
• Lead scheduling and delivery for all events for assigned client programs.
• Involve and prepare Senior Engagement Managers, faculty, experts, and moderators as needed to deliver first class education experiences.
• Collaborate with team members to keep the program portal/platform up to date.
• Direct the work of the Program Coordinator and other project team members.
Client Relationship Management
• Serve as primary day-to-day point of contact for client engagements
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the client’s day-to-day project manager and senior sponsors
• Develop and implement a program metrics and evaluation plan
• Manage scope creep and other program risks; anticipate and address issues before they occur.
• Manages delivery of multiple offerings /solutions
• Identify additional business development opportunities and refer to the Relationship Manager
Curriculum Design and Development
• Understands connection between business need with leadership development solution based on needs assessment results
• Engage educators and moderators to deliver on design
• Ability to discuss pedagogy, curriculum, basic instructional design and links between learning objectives and selection of assets preferred
• Leads project team(s), including clarifying processes and tools the team will use, and roles and expectations for team members
• Provides regular feedback to project team during project and via after-action review
• 7+ years of experience in client-facing project management in an educational environment or professional services firm.
• Proven success managing complex projects on-time and on- or below-budget.
• Strong organizational skills required. Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines with available resources.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency required with MS office products such as MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with collaborative technologies such as WebEx.
• Strong business acumen skills. Relationship-oriented. Customer-focused. Willing to go the extra mile to delight clients.
• Highly motivated and with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and comfort working across cultures with clients around the globe.
• A genuine interest in adult education and management development fields.
• Demonstrates responsibility in a self-directed manner.
• Maintains a professional telecommuting work environment including high-speed broadband Internet connection and appropriate atmosphere to work remotely as needed and communicate with clients and colleagues.
Would you like to apply to this job?