Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education. Learn more about Harvard Business Publishing, our mission, the ideas we publish, and the markets we serve.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Senior Director, Global Marketing & Communications|
|Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers.
Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning partners with clients to create world-class leadership development solutions for managers at all levels in global organizations and governments. We leverage the management insight, thought leadership, and expertise of Harvard Business School faculty and Harvard Business Review authors to provide solutions that are relevant to today’s most pressing business challenges. For more than 20 years, we have developed and delivered innovative, technology-enabled solutions that drive meaningful business results.
Position Summary: We seek a savvy marketing executive to lead a team of driven marketing and communications professionals to define and implement our B2B global marketing and communications strategy. The ideal candidate has experience with all facets of B2B integrated marketing communications programs. S/he brings strategic perspective, strong branding and positioning expertise, preferably with a complex brand for global organizations. S/he has a deep desire to build relationships with our clients ultimately understanding their challenges and experiences. The right candidate must have strong communication and collaboration skills across a complex system of stakeholders and must have a passion for motivating his/her team.
• As a member of the Corporate Learning leadership team, consistently define and execute the comprehensive strategy for the Corporate Learning business
• Build relationships across HBP and Harvard Business School focused on leveraging opportunities across market groups
• Provide strategic leadership for the Global Marketing and Communications team with a focus on the following areas:
o Global market segmentation strategy
o Segmentation models in all global markets
o Value proposition and brand strategy
o Corporate Learning’s positioning story in all communication channels
o HBP thought leadership for sales campaigns and digital messaging platforms
o Comprehensive marketing materials
o Client acquisition and retention
o Client acquisition and retention strategies
o Digital assets (website, social media, blogs) and digital search & advertising
o Best practices in marketing automation tools and processes
o Client database management
o Solutions marketing
o Go-to-market strategies for all Corporate Learning solutions
o Community and events strategy
o Global client community strategy
o Client/prospect events
o PR/external communications tied to furthering the Corporate Learning business strategy
o Internal communication platform(s) tied to the strategy and transformation work of the business
Experiences and Competencies Required:
• 10+ years of business to business global marketing leadership experience in the Learning and Development, Educational Technology, or Professional Services industries
• Proven track record of success leading the following global marketing activities:
o B2B market segmentation
o B2B digital marketing
o Client acquisition and retention
o Translating value proposition into actionable customer communication tools
o Outsourced creative design
o Targeted PR and advertising
• Senior presence; strong verbal and written communication skills
• Energetic, creative and passionate about HBP’s vision and potential
• Strong business acumen
• Drives innovation and continuous improvement
• Excellent team leader and highly collaborative
• Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
Would you like to apply to this job?