Harvard Business Publishing influences real-world change through the reach and impact of its essential offering—ideas. We are committed to our mission to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We help lead, inform, and inspire professionals, corporations, educators, and students around the world with the best in management thinking and practice. Through our books, articles, case studies, videos, learning programs, and digital tools we reach thousands of organizations and millions of subscribers and social media followers. Working at Harvard Business Publishing also brings you into a global, dynamic organization that’s constantly discovering—new markets, new technologies and media platforms, and new groundbreaking ideas.
Harvard Business Publishing is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Harvard Business Publishing and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, call 617-783-7400 to speak with one of our recruiters.
If you are a highly talented individual who shares our passion for ideas and learning,
we encourage you to apply.
|Digital Marketing Manager|
Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and implementing digital campaigns and analyzing campaign performance metrics for Harvard Business Review subscriptions (acquisition). This includes various digital channels as well as through our partners (i.e., Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Sony, Apple, Google, Zinio). This role will also analyze online conversion paths and attribution as well as implement programs for increasing HBR.org site registration and conversions.
This Digital Marketing Manager role will have these key responsibilities:
• Maximize the subscription power of HBR.org utilizing current marketing tools, including social and email channels and continuously testing new marketing ideas to increase subscriptions through these channels.
• Ownership of different digital marketing subscription channels such as HBR.org and digital partners (i.e., Apple and Amazon).
• Provide detailed and actionable insights on digital marketing campaign performance by analyzing the telemetry stream of data produced from our digital media spending.
• Implementation of programs to increase site registration and conversion based on analysis of customer behavior and site trends.
• Execution of marketing campaigns in alignment with budgets/strategic plans; manage to p/l.
• Reporting on campaign results in a cohesive, consistent format that can be easily understood by others in the department as well as by senior management.
• Implementation of data-driven testing/methodologies to drive continual improvement in performance.
• Serve as the Consumer Marketing liaison to multi-departmental marketing efforts and managing the subscription marketing aspects of those projects.
• Understanding of Web Analytics and KPI’s related to digital marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate with other members of the Consumer Marketing team and other departments, fulfillment vendors, and outside partners on a wide variety of marketing and reporting projects.
• Represent Consumer Marketing with other teams such as HBRG Ad Sales and outside advertising operations on available HBR.org ad slots and scheduling of subscription ads.
• Staying on top of industry marketing trends and AAM requirements as they relate to online marketing and digital subscriptions.
• The Digital Marketing Manager will also be an enthusiastic, responsible member of the consumer marketing team, showing leadership and a positive attitude, disciplined reporting, and willingness to communicate about all areas for which they are responsible.
We Will Be Interested In You If You Have:
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing. Minimum of five years’ experience in cross-channel digital marketing. Must have strong analytical, communication and organization skills; shown ability in handling multiple tasks with varying due dates. Proficiency in Excel and web analytics (Adobe Analyitics preferred), familiarity with web personalization platforms and email marketing platforms required.
What We Offer:
• The work you will do here matters deeply to millions of people around the world.
• Collaboration and teamwork in a fun, supportive environment.
• Future-oriented work.
• Harvard Business Review helps new employees adjust to working with us through a comprehensive on-boarding process that engages them with their managers, colleagues, human resources, and members of our executive committee.
• Professional development.
• Leadership and talent development opportunities include: access to our expert authors through regular author spotlight series, learning with our world-renowned content and learning tools, participation in cross-enterprise initiatives, internal and external training programs, and several other developmental activities for employees.
• Environmental stewardship.
• In our Brighton, MA headquarters, our Green Building Initiative aims to make our building operations more environmentally friendly and efficient.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes a broad range of medical and dental coverage options; short and long-term disability benefits; medical/dental and dependent care flexible spending accounts; basic and contributory life insurance; retirement and savings benefits; a competitive paid time-off program, and Harvard (HBP/HU) perks. Located in Brighton Landing compound next to the new practice arena for Bruins and Celtics, NB Fitness Club Facility, and Boston Landing commuter rail stop. We offer free parking and shuttle services, discounted T Passes. Plus, early release, summer Fridays. And we’ll equip you with the best tools money can buy.
Would you like to apply to this job?